Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Self Demise

***This probably won't be a song, due to it rather low note, but it's good to get shit off your chest***

The Self Demise.

I got the call from an old friend
Haven't heard his voice in months
At first I was ecstatic
Ao hear his familiar tones
Then he told me the reason,
The reason why he called
...They found you... hanging.

Why didn't you call
And tell us that you were thinking?
Why'd You keep it to yourself
When you know your friends were listening?
But I guess thats it.
You didn't know who to rely on
And who would help
So you went it alone
And so you took it alone.

Before it happened you called,
A month before your last mistake
You seemed happy, and complimented me
On the friendship me had made
It was all true, and I felt the same way
I guess I shouldn't have gone away
Then mabye you would have stayed
Mabye i could have helped.

Why didn't you call
And get the help you were needing?
Why didn't you try
To fight those demons within
Why couldn't you stop lying
And let us know things were fucked up
Why didn't you let us know?
And why couldn't we see it?

It all sinks in, when the dust settles
It wasn't my fault
It wasn't their fault
It was your fault.
But we're the ones punished.

The worst thing was,
when the day had come
to lay you to the ground
I was nowhere to be found
As country towns are hard to leave
So I was all alone when I grieved.
...just like you.

* For Chris H.

No comments:

Post a Comment